Web development is my passion, and with over 6 years of experience–continuously learning the latest tools and best practices–I’ve made it my career. While earning my physics degree I first learned how to code in Python which I ultimately used to perform complex calculations for my thesis. I focused on data analysis and visualization, taking great pride in the visual components of my work. I honed the skill of displaying complex information as simply as possible as a Data Analytics intern at Puppet (formerly Puppet Labs). There, I used Tableau, as well as a number of other data visualization tools to deliver my findings on critical areas of business performance and usage of resources in the form of keynote presentations given to leading executives (including founder & CEO, Luke Kanies, and then-CFO, Bill Koefoed). My interest in the visual displays of information lead me to focus on front-end web design while maintaining my scientific, data-driven programming background.
CUSTOM WORDPRESS DEVELOPMENT
EXPERIENCE IN NUMEROUS INDUSTRIES
- Freelance: built websites for non-profits, artists, marketing businesses.
- Nike: worked with Man Rev (JJ’s team), FlyKnit engineers (Eric Graham), Flex (high level IT executives and machine operators).
- Reed: worked in IT/computer repair
STAGING & WEBSITE DUPLICATION
- Often build locally using MAMP stack with version control, then transfer to remote server.
- Migrated countless websites to different servers, migrated and corrected SQL databases
DEPLOYMENT WITH PANTHEON
IMPLEMENTING DNS CHANGES, AVOID OUTAGES
- Manage over 20 websites, some of which use alternative DNS (e.g. Cloudflare).
- Example: migrated https://mainsuitesllc.com from localhost to 1SEOExpert’s server, including MySQL DB
RESEARCH OF BEST PRACTICES, NEW TOOLS, TECHNOLOGICAL TRENDS
PHP, AJAX, and jQuery
- Built social networking/dating website entirely based on PHP.
- Nike Autoticket system & ADS used AJAX, jQuery, and Python to securely transfer data from internal Nike servers and AWS
DIAGNOSIS & TRIAGE OF CLIENT SITES
CONCEPT PLANNING, RESEARCH, GATHERING REQUIREMENTS
- At Nike, gathered requirements from various groups
- Always develop in in agile setting–prompt communication with all my clients
- Nike: often engaged in whiteboard sessions, researched best technologies, proposed technology stacks, created tech. diagrams and documentation.
CREATING OUTLINES, WIREFRAMES
- Extensive experience with all Adobe CC products, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Omnigraffle
- Written extensive documentation for all my work to encourage further development/comprehension by others
ILLUSTRATION OF CONCEPTS, WIREFRAMES, ROUGH LAYOUTS
- Most recent example, Modern Adventure (above), in Adobe XD.
- Used OmniGraffle to create technical diagrams.
DATA ANALYSIS & VISUALIZATION
- Fluent in data reporting software such as Tableau and MS Excel
- Performed extensive programmatic analysis and visualization for my undergraduate thesis
- Developed countless reports on key components of business optimization and manufacturing for Puppet and Nike using Tableau, Excel, and other dashboard tools
- Presented mathematically complex analysis to chief executives in the form of keynote presentations